Friday, August 26, 2011

My Gorgeous Friend as a Beautiful Bride



"But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls." - Khalil Gibran 

Wedding events have been on my mind and agenda for the past week, so I thought I'd share my favorite quote about marriage with you all. I just got back from a beautiful wedding for one of my dearest friends, Carrie. She was a gorgeous bride and her husband, Kris, was the happiest groom to finally make their six year long relationship the real deal. They have always been each other's everything and the most fully committed couple I have ever met. I have known them their entire relationship and I always look at the constant companionship, love, and support Carrie and Kris have with admiration and hope that I will find that in my future. From the beginning, they both knew that what they found would outlast all the ups and downs of life. They are absolutely meant to be together.




Carrie asked me to be her maid-of-honor and I couldn't have been more honored. I have known her since the second semester of my freshman year in college when we lived together in the dorms. She is such a strong, motivated, and beautiful women. I love her family and they have always made me feel like I was part of the family, so I knew it would be fun to be part of Carrie's wedding. I should note that Carrie is one of the most organized people I know, so being her maid-of-honor was almost no work and all play. She had thought through all the details and created the most beautiful evening. From her color scheme to her band selection, her wedding was flawless! 

We all stayed at a B&B in Evergreen, Highland Haven Creekside Inn, that couldn't have been more charming. It was the perfect place for a mountain escape with a rustic cabin feel. We did an early check-in and all of us ladies in the wedding got massages and drank mimosas before the wedding yesterday at the B&B. Carrie's mom, Debbie, invited her childhood friend to the wedding with her daughter, who just so happens to own her own hair salon in Grand Junction. She was sweet enough to meet us early at the B&B and do our hair for the wedding and did an incredible job. Carrie's hair was absolutely stunning. Coming back to my plush king size bed at the B&B after a long day and dancing the night away was the perfect way to end the day. The owners of the B&B prepared us a delicious breakfast for all of the wedding party this morning, where Carrie and Kris signed their marriage license to make it all official. Then the festivities came to a close and we all packed up and headed out. 






If you are looking for a quick mountain retreat, check out the B&B's website below:
http://highlandhaven.com/

Sometime in the near future I promise to do some messing around in my kitchen and create some new recipes to share. Until then, soak up the last weekend of August and take care!

Cheers,
xX Laura Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment