Thursday, April 21, 2011

Finally Back in a Gallery



"Find something you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life" - Harvey Mackay



I officially started my new position at Diane West Gallery in Durango, Colorado and couldn't be happier. Diane is an amazing jewelry artist, not to mention she has incredible taste that shows well in her gallery that features other jewelry artists and two dimensional work on main street. The jewelry ranges from semi precious stones like the blue chalcedony cabochon ring set in sterling silver shown above, done by Diane herself, to other big names in the industry like Jeff and Susan Wise and Bella Donna Designs, shown below.



To reaffirm that the gallery and jewelry industry is one of my true callings, I sold a painting by local artist Tess Jordan on my first day. It always feels good to make a sale, but it feels even better when you were only introduced to their work two hours beforehand. 




Despite having the worst case of allergies I've had in years, if not ever, my first day at the gallery was informative, exciting, and I came home feeling like everything really does happen for a reason! I love my new job, am excited to be staying in my gorgeous hometown of Durango for a summer, and ready to see what new adventures life brings my way.

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." — Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment