Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another Fresh Summer Salad - Lemongrass Dijon Chicken with Cherries, Feta, and Baby Greens



"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients."  - Julia Child



Sometimes all I can do when I get home on a summer evening after a busy day at work is throw together a fruit salad and find some protein to add to the mix. Last night, I did just that plus a bit more and ended up with yet another delicious salad! This time I changed things up by creating a lemongrass dijon chicken marinade, which was surprisingly fresh and tangy with a touch of zip. I also pitted some juicy organic dark cherries and threw those into the mix with some lemon garlic feta. Mmm was it good! Here is the recipe!


Lemongrass Lemon Dijon Chicken


1 1/2 to 2 lbs organic boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp dried lemongrass
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
Juice from 1-2 small lemons


Trim the chicken breasts and place in a shallow dish. Mix the marinade and pour over the chicken. Let sit for 30 minutes. Saute or grill until lightly browned, but cooked through.





Cherry, Feta, Chicken Salad Recipe


Marinade and cook the chicken ahead of time. Let the chicken cool while you prepare the salad.


4 oz of baby greens and or arugula
1-2 avocados, sliced and removed from shell
Approx 12-15 cherries, pitted and halved
1-2 oz feta (I used a lemon garlic flavor which complimented the marinade)
Cooked chicken, sliced


Place all the ingredients in individual bowls or a large serving bowl depending on your preference. Drizzle the salad with my homemade maple mustard dijon dressing or a dressing of your choice. Grind fresh pepper over the salad and serve! 


Cheers! 
xX Laura Christine









2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ann. I appreciate your feedback. I thought it was the perfect summer salad. Let me know what you think of it if you try it out someday!

    ReplyDelete