Saturday, July 23, 2011

Diamonds & Design - Incredible Jewelry Designers, Photographers, and Blogs

Long before I ever thought I would have a blog, I followed my favorite photographer's blog. She shot a friend's engagement and wedding pictures over three years ago. From the first time I saw her work, I have been mesmerized by her keen eye for making everyday moments so much more interesting as seen through her artistic rendering. Her name is Audrey Hannah Brooks, I would definitely recommend checking her work. Over the years, I have actually created an album in my iPhoto of my favorites of her work that I pulled from her website. Here are a few as well as a link to her blog:











*All Photos Above Taken By Audrey Hannah Brooks. Visit her website at http://audreyhannahphoto.net/


Audrey Hannah Brooks was featured on a Colorado Bridal Website, COUTUREColorado, which being in the bridal jewelry industry was fascinating to me. I have to admit, I am also a hopeless romantic and love seeing the ways that wedding planners and DIY brides create their dream day. The author of the blog only started a little over a year ago, but has thought up a genius way of putting together all the information a future Colorado bride would need to plan the wedding of her dreams. Each post generally features several images of a wedding by mostly Colorado photographers as well as the information about the venue, florist, where the dress was purchased, etc. For anyone interested in finding a photographer that can capture their wedding just the way they always imagined, this is great resource. After following this blog for a little under a year, I have added over a dozen photographers to my favorites and now follow their blogs as well. The author also does style posts for different color schemes and types of weddings for people to see what trends are going on in the wedding industry. Here is a link to this fabulous blog: http://www.couturecolorado.com/wedding/


After working in the industry for over three years, I can say I now have a list of jewelry designers that I would highly recommend for anything from engagement rings to pearl necklaces for the big day! I have worked with the designer, Alex Sepkus, for over a year and love his extremely artistic designs and the top notch quality jewelry. They are a fabulous company to work with and have some of the most fascinating alternative bridal options in the industry. Their stone selection is incredible and each piece is handmade in their studio in New York. Check out Alex's work on his website at the link below the images of my favorite pieces from his line:






*Visit http://www.alexsepkus.com/flash.php for Alex's entire Catalogue!


Also, I am a huge Anne Sportun advocate for high quality jewelry that is timeless yet unique. She is a designer out of Toronto, Canada who's slogan for her company is "Precious. Everyday." and it truly is jewelry that is stunning and extremely wearable at the same time. I have a few of her pieces that I receive compliments on daily. Her work is a bit organic in style, some of her shapes aren't exactly symmetrical, but that is what makes them so interesting and different. She works in 14KT white gold, 18KT yellow gold and often uses colored diamonds that range from champagne to cognac in color paired with clear diamonds for an eye catching combination. My favorite piece of all time is a one-of-a-kind ring that she made using a gorgeous cognac colored 2 ct center stone and encircled it with 2.24ct old mine cut clear diamonds and set it all in platinum. It is a killer ring that walks the thin line between vintage and modern without any problem. Here are a few of my favorites as well as her website:








*Visit https://secure.annesportun.com/index.jsp for Anne's entire line.


Lastly, I am starting to become more and more interested in what many in the industry are terming as the "alternative bridal" style. Boulder, Colorado based designer Todd Reed is one of the top designers who are setting the bar high for this style of jewelry. He uses raw, often heavily included, colored, and uncut diamonds, and sets them in ways that push the line for what people generally expect for bridal jewelry. His work is very old world looking, but is also top quality. Follow the link to his website below:




Visit Todd's website at http://www.toddreed.com/

Hope you enjoyed the all the eye candy! Love the industry I fell into over three years ago, absolutely everything happens for a reason! 


Cheers!
xX Laura Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment