Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Times They Are A-Changin'





Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. - Confucius 








As many of you probably already know, my decisions in life are driven much more by what my heart and intuition tell me to do, than by the logistics and facts that surround a situation. It has been difficult for others who make logical, well-thought-out decisions to understand why I have made the choices I have in life. As much as I'd like to say that I regret making decisions based on my gut feeling, I don't at all. In fact, it is something I cherish and appreciate most about who I am. The choices I have made throughout life haven't always been "ideal", but they led me to the path that I was meant to travel. I have met the most amazing friends along my sometimes windy and even circling back path and for that I am beyond grateful. 






So here I am, back in Boulder, Colorado enjoying the city amenities while living against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in what feels to be a rather small town for 100k plus. When my mom recently told someone I was moving back to Boulder (for the 3rd time), he replied "it seems like its becoming habitual". I have to say, I have fallen in love with Boulder over the three years off-and-on that I have lived here. At first, it was terrifyingly big to me as a little freshman in college fresh out of high school and my somewhat sheltered life in my much smaller mountain town of Durango. Now, it feels just right! There is so much going on all the time, so many trails and open space parks for Layla and I to walk and hike, and life here is really quite phenomenal. 


I am back at Art&Soul Gallery, which is like coming home to me. The women I work with are like a second family full of guidance, encouragement, and support for me in every aspect of my life. I love the beauty of the art and jewelry I am surrounded with at the gallery. I love that my first day back, we re-hung the entire gallery and have several good sales on the side. It was so busy that I didn't even look at the clock until 4:30 and before I knew it, I was out of there for the day feeling satisfied with the work that had been completed. 


It was hard to leave my life in Durango and Silverton from the past 10 months behind, no doubt about that. I miss all of the friends, family, and boyfriend so much. I think of them several times a day and smile because of all of the positive ways they brightened my life in such a short amount of time. I will never forget them or my time in the mountains over the past months. It prepared me more than ever to know what I wanted for my future and have the strength to purse it when the opportunity came my way. I am so blessed!





No comments:

Post a Comment